Recipe (makes 2 medium-sized frozen drinks) 4 shots of espresso - - I used Sweet Maria's Liquid Amber Espresso Blend, home-roasted to perfection and pulled fresh exactly 24-hours after roasting. If you aren't a home roaster substitute an espresso blend from your favorite roaster. And if you … [Read More...] about An Espresso-Based Frozen Drink
ice cream sandwiches
- 3 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a medium heat proof bowl and set over simmering water. Stir until chocolate mixture is smooth.
3. Now combine the almonds, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and flour.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add in chocolate mixture and mix well. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Scoop out tablespoons of dough out on to cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating them half way through. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
7. After completely cooled, place one scoop of ice cream on the flat side of the cookie. Press other cookie down on top of it flat.
8. Cool in freezer for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.