1 pot of fresh brewed coffee 1 tsp cinnamon ¼ tsp vanilla 1 tsp brown sugar (you can use regular sugar as well) Half and half to taste Add 1 tsp cinnamon to the grounds before you brew. Brew your coffee. Pour yourself a cup and add vanilla and sugar. Add Half and Half to … [Read More...] about Vanilla & Cinnamon Coffee
chocolate gelato affogato
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, whipped cream, chocolate shavings
1. Simmer 2 inches water in a medium saucepan, then place chocolate and cream in a medium bowl over the simmering bowl to melt. Stir until melted and well incorporated. Then remove from heat and set to side.
2. In a medium saucepan heat the milk over medium heat until tiny bubbles form. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until creamy. Add 1/4 cup of the hot milk and whisk vigorously. Add the rest of the milk and whisk vigorously. Then put back over medium heat and stir constantly with wooden spoon for 8-10 minutes until it forms a thick custard. Remove from heat and pour custard through a strainer and into a medium bowl. Then stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Allow to cool by covering and refrigerating for 3 hours.
4. Pour chilled custard into an ice cream maker and allow to process until is the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Put into a large container and place in freezer for four hours.
5. When ice cream is ready, brew coffee. Then scoop 2 rounded tablespoons of gelato into a small cup. Pour the warm coffee over the gelato and drizzle with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.