So here I am, back again with another syrup recipe I have conjured up over the summer months. My love for coffee syrups has grown and grown, and so has my bank of recipes. Here is one I thought you might enjoy. This is a personal favourite for a mid-morning pick-me-up. My early mornings are spent … [Read More...] about Lola’s Iced Chocolate Espresso
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs powdered sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar and 2 tsp
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. In small bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside.
3. In medium bowk stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup granulated sugar together. Beat the eggs in one at a time and then stir in vanilla. Now, beat in flour mixture and sour cream. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour half the batter into a prepared pan, then spoon the cream cheese mixture on top. Then spoon the remaining batter over the cream cheese.
6. In small bowl, combine chopped nuts, 2 tbs granulated sugar, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, then cool for 10 before serving.