So here I am, back again with another syrup recipe I have conjured up over the summer months. My love for coffee syrups has grown and grown, and so has my bank of recipes. Here is one I thought you might enjoy. This is a personal favourite for a mid-morning pick-me-up. My early mornings are spent … [Read More...] about Lola’s Iced Chocolate Espresso
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsps baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered mustard
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 4-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water or milk
- Walnut halves or seeded raisins
1. Combine butter, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, mustard, coffee, and cloves in large bowl. Blend in sugar and molasses. Beat in an egg thoroughly, then add flour alternatively with water/milk. Beat until all is well combined.
2. Preheat oven to 375
3. Drop heaping tablespoonfulls of dough onto ungreased pan, 2 inches apart. If desired, press a walnut or raisin in the middle of each one.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove to cool on wire rack.