1 cup strong coffee 1 cup hot chocolate 2 orange slices whipped cream dash of cinnamon Mix coffee and hot chocolate Place one orange slice into each cup Pour coffee mixture into cups Top with whipped cream, and garnish with cinnamon … [Read More...] about Orange Coffee (hot) 2 servings
Mud Slide Chocolate Cake with Coffee and Kahlua
Yield: 12 servings
2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
1/4 cup Kahlua or brandy
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoons strongly brewed coffee
1) Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. This is not an error. This cake bakes at a very low temperature. Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan and dust sides and bottom with cocoa. Set aside.
2) Sift together flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
3) Place coffee and liqueur in a medium sauce pan set over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes. Add chocolate and butter, stirring until melted and smooth. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool for several minutes.
4) Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, add flour mixture in two parts, beating after each addition until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 1 minute more. Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
5) Bake in middle third of oven for 1-1/2 hours, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and springs back when middle is touched. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a platter, but do not remove pan until cake is completely cool.
6) In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt chocolate and coffee. Brush on surface of cooled cake.