1/2 cup chocolate 2 1/2 cups strong coffee 4 tablespoons light cream 2/3 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon sugar dash of cinnamon dash of cocoa Melt chocolate in sauce pan Stir in light cream Slowly add coffee, beating until frothy In a cold bowl whip heavy cream and sugar Pour coffee … [Read More...] about Viennese (hot) 4 servings
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup hot strong coffee
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 egg yolks (save whites)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup minature chocolate chips, optional
Ingredients for Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 ounces (3/4 of a large block) cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease and flour 2 9″ cake pans
3. Whisk flour and baking soda together in medium bowl
4. Combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar in large bowl and blend until fluffy.
5. Add coffee and cocoa mixture, egg yolks, and sour cream to sugar mixture. Combine thoroughly.
6. Add sugar mixture to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in egg whites and chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter evenly into both pans. Bake 35 to 40 minutes and then allow to cool.
8. Prepare frosting by mixing together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, confectioners sugar, and chocolate chips. Mix very well. Add to cake layers.