Macchiato means "marked," and for this espresso drink, hot espresso is poured into a demitasse cup, then marked with foam from steamed milk. 3 tablespoons milk 6 tablespoons freshly brewed espresso If you have an espresso machine with a steamer and frothing (foaming) attachment, steam … [Read More...] about The Perfect Caffe’ Macchiato Recipe
Make espresso the day before…lots of shots in a container that you put into the fridge (double strength coffee like that which you brew for iced coffee works too; as does a cold-brew concentrate like what you can make with a Filtron cold brew system).
- In a tall, slender high ball glass add crushed ice (about 1/3of the way).
- In a separate glass, Â fill with 2 oz sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour 2-3 oz (depending upon strength you like) over the sweeten condensed milk (youâ€™ll notice the coffee will sit on top as its own layer).
- Stir rapidly with a spoon until well blended.
- Pour over the ice in the other glass.
This is a great dessert unto itself and is awesome after spicy asian meal. You can garnish with either a sprinkle of cinnamon â€“ although a drop of vanilla and/or anise makes for paradise in a cup.