That's Strong Coffee There are a few notable dark-roasted blends you're likely to find at most coffee shops. Espresso Roast: these are usually dark, robust blends with a caramel-like sweetness. Espresso roasts are specifically created to stand up to the intense process of brewing espresso, but … [Read More...] about How to Master Coffee Pairings
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 8 tbs brewed espresso
- 8 tbs finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 tbs dark rum
1. Brew espresso
2. Divide ice cream among four dessert bowls.
3. Spoon 2 tbs of chocolate, 2 of rum, and 2 of espresso over each scoop.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy! Great for a quick dessert.
- 1 cup sugar and 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs instant coffee mixed with 1 1/2 tsp of water (hot)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
1. Grease a baking sheet
2. In saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and water and bring to boil. Cook over medium high heat, do not stir. Wait until caramel starts to form and then stir in peanuts, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour mixture into baking sheet and spread into even layer. Let stand until brittle is hardened.
4. Break off brittle into 4 medium size chunks. Place remaining brittle in plastic bag and roll with rolling pin to smash into tiny pieces.
5. Whisk condensed milk with instant coffee.
6. In another bowl, beat heavy cream and remaining tbs of sugar with electric mixer until forms whipped cream.
7. Scoop ice cream into 40 bowls and drizzle with the coffee mixture. Sprinkle with crushed brittle and top with whipped cream.
8. Garnish with one of the 4 pieces of brittle on each bowl.
9. Serve cold and enjoy!