Ingredients 1 cup brewed coffee with chicory added 1 tbs. molasses 1 tbs half and half Directions 1. Brew fresh chicory flavored coffee. You can often find coffee infused already with the chicory flavor in store. If not, simply grind up some chicory in with your coffee. 2. Pour … [Read More...] about Creole Coffee
dinner party desserts
- 6 tbs finely ground dark roast coffee
- 2 and 1/4 cups boiling water, plus 1 tbs cold water
- 1/2 cup cugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp plain gelatin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
1. Brew ground coffee using 2 cups boiling water
2. Bring sugar and remaining 1/4 cup water to a boil in saucepan, stirring sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften for 1 minute.
4. Stir coffee, sugar syrup, and vanilla in metal bowl, then add gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved. Chill 8 hours.
5. To make the topping, force brown sugar through a sieve into a bowl, then add heavy cream and curry powder and beat with mixer until soft peaks form.
6. Divide your gelee into six cups and top with whipped cream.
7. Enjoy! Perfect for dinner parties.