Here's a fun little fact about Mexican coffee beans: Over five million or so bags of coffee produced in Mexico is consumed half themselves before selling the rest on, mostly to the USA. Organic coffee is a Mexican specialty and, with most of their beans grown on small farms, you can be assured of a … [Read More...] about Mexican Coffee Recipe
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tbs instant espresso
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbs sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala
- 3 tbs coffee liquor
- 1 pound Marscapone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 36 Lady fingers
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder for dusting
1. Stir water, espresso, 1 tbs sugar, and coffee liquor together in small bowl until dissolved.
2. Beat your egg yolks, Marsala and 1/2 cup sugar together in a metal bowl and set over a saucepan with simmering water. Beat the mixture 5-8 minutes until has tripled in volume. Remove from hear and add marscapone until combined.
3. Beat cream in a large bowl until peaks form, then fold marscapone mixture in thoroughly.
4. Dip both sides of half the 36 lady fingers into coffee mixture and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with them in 3 rows. Spread half the marscapone mixture over them. Then repeat dipping the remaining lady fingers into the coffee mixture and layering them over the first layer. Cover with remaining marscapone mixture.
5. Dust with cocoa powder and chill for 6 hours, then let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!