Ingredients 1 Shot Fresh Brewed Espresso 1.5 oz of Coconut Flavored Syrup 1/2 Cup Milk 1 Pinch Ground Cinnamon Directions 1. Brew espresso 2. Stir espresso and syrup together in mug 3. Heat milk until it just begins to boil 4. Stir milk into espresso mixture 5. Sprinkle … [Read More...] about Tembleque Latte
Coffee Milkshake, Coffee Malt
A few weekends ago I was in Los Angeles at Jerry’s Famous Deli having a malt. It was very good, but I got to thinking it would be even better if it were made with coffee ice cream. A while back, Rick Bartosh showed INeedCoffee readers how to make coffee ice cream. Using that as a start, I set out to recreate both a malt and a milkshake using coffee ice cream.
- 2 scoops coffee ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 shots espresso
- 2 tablespoons of malt mix (optional)
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
- espresso beans (optional garnish)
Making a milkshake isn’t brain surgery, just add ingredients and blend in a blender. But I do have some tips.
- For one thing, I prefer a less sugary version of the ice-cream recipe, so I didn’t add the liqueur, and I used about three-quarters of the sugar in the original recipe.
- Another thing to note is that the only difference between a malt and milkshake is malt mix, which you can buy at virtually any major grocery store.
This is a fantastic treat — and it is so much better with great coffee ingredients. Good coffee is the key to true happiness.