Ingredients 2 oz Brewed Espresso 1/2 Cup Steamed Milk 2 tbs. Gingerbread Syrup 1/8 Cup Whipped Cream 1 Pinch Cinnamon 1 Pinch Nutmeg 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Powder Directions: 1. Brew espresso. 2. Prepare steamed milk. 3. Combine espresso and gingerbread syrup in mug. 4. … [Read More...] about Gingerbread Latte
A few weekends ago I was in Los Angeles at Jerry’s Famous Deli having a malt. It was very good, but I got to thinking it would be even better if it were made with coffee ice cream. A while back, Rick Bartosh showed INeedCoffee readers how to make coffee ice cream. Using that as a start, I set out to recreate both a malt and a milkshake using coffee ice cream.
- 2 scoops coffee ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 shots espresso
- 2 tablespoons of malt mix (optional)
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
- espresso beans (optional garnish)
Making a milkshake isn’t brain surgery, just add ingredients and blend in a blender. But I do have some tips.
- For one thing, I prefer a less sugary version of the ice-cream recipe, so I didn’t add the liqueur, and I used about three-quarters of the sugar in the original recipe.
- Another thing to note is that the only difference between a malt and milkshake is malt mix, which you can buy at virtually any major grocery store.
This is a fantastic treat — and it is so much better with great coffee ingredients. Good coffee is the key to true happiness.