Here's a fun little fact about Mexican coffee beans: Over five million or so bags of coffee produced in Mexico is consumed half themselves before selling the rest on, mostly to the USA. Organic coffee is a Mexican specialty and, with most of their beans grown on small farms, you can be assured of a … [Read More...] about Mexican Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup sugar and 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs instant coffee mixed with 1 1/2 tsp of water (hot)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
1. Grease a baking sheet
2. In saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and water and bring to boil. Cook over medium high heat, do not stir. Wait until caramel starts to form and then stir in peanuts, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour mixture into baking sheet and spread into even layer. Let stand until brittle is hardened.
4. Break off brittle into 4 medium size chunks. Place remaining brittle in plastic bag and roll with rolling pin to smash into tiny pieces.
5. Whisk condensed milk with instant coffee.
6. In another bowl, beat heavy cream and remaining tbs of sugar with electric mixer until forms whipped cream.
7. Scoop ice cream into 40 bowls and drizzle with the coffee mixture. Sprinkle with crushed brittle and top with whipped cream.
8. Garnish with one of the 4 pieces of brittle on each bowl.
9. Serve cold and enjoy!