(Makes 10 Servings) Ingredients: 1/4 cups powdered plain creamer 3 tbs hot cocoa mix 3 tbs instant coffee 3 tbs sugar 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg Directions: 1. Stir creamer, hot cocoa mix, instant coffee, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in large … [Read More...] about Cold Winter’s Day Brew
Yield: 12 servings
2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
1/4 cup Kahlua or brandy
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoons strongly brewed coffee
1) Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. This is not an error. This cake bakes at a very low temperature. Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan and dust sides and bottom with cocoa. Set aside.
2) Sift together flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
3) Place coffee and liqueur in a medium sauce pan set over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes. Add chocolate and butter, stirring until melted and smooth. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool for several minutes.
4) Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, add flour mixture in two parts, beating after each addition until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 1 minute more. Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
5) Bake in middle third of oven for 1-1/2 hours, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and springs back when middle is touched. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a platter, but do not remove pan until cake is completely cool.
6) In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt chocolate and coffee. Brush on surface of cooled cake.