So here I am, back again with another syrup recipe I have conjured up over the summer months. My love for coffee syrups has grown and grown, and so has my bank of recipes. Here is one I thought you might enjoy. This is a personal favourite for a mid-morning pick-me-up. My early mornings are spent … [Read More...] about Lola’s Iced Chocolate Espresso
These are adult cookies – not too sweet and with a mellow coffee flavor. The chocolate chip cookie forms a crispy cup for a moist coffee filling.
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- .5 teaspoon baking soda
- .25 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 shot of strong ‘ristretto’ espresso
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat 350f oven and butter cookie pan.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix sugar and butter to a fluffy paste, add egg & vanilla, mix well.
- Combine with flour mix.
- Seperate out about 1/5 of the dough and pour a fresh ristretto espresso shot into the smaller portion (mix well – make sure it does not get too liquidy). In the larger bowl – add broken up semi-sweet dark chocolate and mix.
- Form cups with the chocolate chip cookie dough and fill with the coffee filling. Leave room around the cookies as they do tend to expand.
- Bake till done – about 10 to 15 minutes. ‘Cup’ should be crisp but not hard, filling will be moist. Sprinkle fine coffee grounds and unsweetened coco powder over top.