Ingredients 8 cups water 4 ounces ground coffee 2 cinnamon sticks 2 ounces brown sugar 3 whole cloves 1 square semi-sweet chocolate Directions 1. Bring water to a boil 2. Add the cinnamon, cloves, sugar, and semi-sweet chocolate 3. Let the mixture come to a boil again and … [Read More...] about Cafe de Olla
- 10 cups brewed coffee
Stir together in a small saucepan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or cardamom)
- 1/3 cup water
- whipped cream, for garnish
- milk, for serving
- sugar, for serving
- Over medium heat, boil sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and water for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add to coffee, stir and serve immediately. Stir again if served later.
- Serve with whipped topping, milk and sugar.
- Good with a splash of Brandy, Frangelico, Kahlua or Bailey’s, if desired.