Coffee Punch 5 cups hot coffee, 1 pint of vanilla ice cream/ice milk 1 pint chocolate ice cream, 1 teaspoon creme de cacao In a punch bowl, pour coffee over ice cream. Beat lightly until partially melted. Add creme de cacao. Pour into punch glasses; sprinkle with nutmeg. … [Read More...] about Coffee Punch Halloween Drink Recipe!
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, whipped cream, chocolate shavings
1. Simmer 2 inches water in a medium saucepan, then place chocolate and cream in a medium bowl over the simmering bowl to melt. Stir until melted and well incorporated. Then remove from heat and set to side.
2. In a medium saucepan heat the milk over medium heat until tiny bubbles form. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until creamy. Add 1/4 cup of the hot milk and whisk vigorously. Add the rest of the milk and whisk vigorously. Then put back over medium heat and stir constantly with wooden spoon for 8-10 minutes until it forms a thick custard. Remove from heat and pour custard through a strainer and into a medium bowl. Then stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Allow to cool by covering and refrigerating for 3 hours.
4. Pour chilled custard into an ice cream maker and allow to process until is the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Put into a large container and place in freezer for four hours.
5. When ice cream is ready, brew coffee. Then scoop 2 rounded tablespoons of gelato into a small cup. Pour the warm coffee over the gelato and drizzle with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.