Servings: 4 Ingredients 4 cups fresh brewed coffee 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) 1/4 cup white sugar 1/4 cup boiling water 3 cups crushed ice 1/2 cup cream Refrigerate coffee until cool, about 30 minutes. Chill four glasses, if desired. Stir vanilla extract and sugar in … [Read More...] about Creamy Iced Coffee
What would be the perfect coffee confection to give to your valentine? Chocolate covered coffee beans of course! Delectable chocolate on the outside, and a crunchy, caffeine filled, exquisite coffee bean on the inside. Mmmmm. Theyâ€™re also great for those long road trips, providing some quick energy along the way. What is better than buying a gift for your valentine? Making something special just for him or her! Here is a quick and easy way to make your own chocolate covered coffee beans at home.
First, you must choose some freshly roasted coffee beans. A medium to dark roast is great, but a light roast would be too acidic. Usually a local roaster would be the best, like Cochise Coffee or Bisbee Coffee Co. Then you must choose your chocolate. I am a huge fan of dark chocolate, especially Ghirardelli, but semi-sweet, milk, or even white chocolate would be tasty. You can use chocolate chips, squares, or special dipping chocolate. You might also want to have on hand some powdered sugar or cocoa powder for decoration.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat to keep from burning the chocolate. You can also melt it in the microwave, but remember to stir it every 15-30 seconds.
- After it is smooth, turn off the heat and let it cool for a minute, then mix in about 1/3 cup of the roasted coffee beans and stir.
- With a spoon or fork, lay the coffee beans out on some wax paper on a tray, making sure they are all separated from each other.
- Let them cool there, or put them in the freezer to speed things up. If you would like more chocolate on them, or just for looks, drizzle some white or other chocolate over them. Let them cool completely.
- Separate them into a bowl or bag, and then dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa powder if you chose.
Chocolate covered coffee beans are a quick way to melt your valentineâ€™s heart. Find a cute heart shaped tin or some lovely red ribbon to tie up a bag and you are well on your way to the perfect gift. Whip up a batch and indulge yourself!