Here's a fun little fact about Mexican coffee beans: Over five million or so bags of coffee produced in Mexico is consumed half themselves before selling the rest on, mostly to the USA. Organic coffee is a Mexican specialty and, with most of their beans grown on small farms, you can be assured of a … [Read More...] about Mexican Coffee Recipe
Sweet Treats with Coffee
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs powdered sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar and 2 tsp
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. In small bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside.
3. In medium bowk stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup granulated sugar together. Beat the eggs in one at a time and then stir in vanilla. Now, beat in flour mixture and sour cream. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour half the batter into a prepared pan, then spoon the cream cheese mixture on top. Then spoon the remaining batter over the cream cheese.
6. In small bowl, combine chopped nuts, 2 tbs granulated sugar, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, then cool for 10 before serving.
- 3 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a medium heat proof bowl and set over simmering water. Stir until chocolate mixture is smooth.
3. Now combine the almonds, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and flour.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add in chocolate mixture and mix well. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Scoop out tablespoons of dough out on to cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating them half way through. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
7. After completely cooled, place one scoop of ice cream on the flat side of the cookie. Press other cookie down on top of it flat.
8. Cool in freezer for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup hot strong coffee
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 egg yolks (save whites)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup minature chocolate chips, optional
Ingredients for Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 ounces (3/4 of a large block) cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease and flour 2 9″ cake pans
3. Whisk flour and baking soda together in medium bowl
4. Combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar in large bowl and blend until fluffy.
5. Add coffee and cocoa mixture, egg yolks, and sour cream to sugar mixture. Combine thoroughly.
6. Add sugar mixture to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in egg whites and chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter evenly into both pans. Bake 35 to 40 minutes and then allow to cool.
8. Prepare frosting by mixing together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, confectioners sugar, and chocolate chips. Mix very well. Add to cake layers.
- 1 3 oz pack cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 tbs instant coffee
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 box family size brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Blend cream cheese and butter
3. Add sugar to cream cheese/butter mix and blend until fluffy
4. Beat in one egg, vanilla, and flour. Set aside.
5. Dissolve coffee in water in medium bowl. Add brownie mix, 3 eggs, and vegetable oil. Blend well. Pour half of this mixture into greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
6. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoons over brownie batter. Then pour remaining browning batter on top.
7. Swirl butter knife through mixture lightly to create marbled effect.
8. Bake for 35 to 30 minutes.
- 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs of cold espresso
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 nonstick baking pan with cooking spray (lightly).
2. Brew one shot espresso and set to the side to cool.
3. Combine sugar, butter, vanilla, espresso, and eggs in bowl and beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Afterwards, stir in flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.
4. Spread mixture into pan evenly and sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and allow brownies to completely cool before cutting.