Below you can find the recipe for the Greek Frappe. It is the most popular coffee in Greece for the last 30 years. This recipe makes enough for one serving. 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee (Nescafe Original red label is the most popular brand) 1 1/2 cups cold water Sugar Milk Ice cubes In … [Read More...] about Greek Frappe
Coffee Cooking Recipes
Dark Roast Coffee Gelee
- 6 tbs finely ground dark roast coffee
- 2 and 1/4 cups boiling water, plus 1 tbs cold water
- 1/2 cup cugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp plain gelatin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
1. Brew ground coffee using 2 cups boiling water
2. Bring sugar and remaining 1/4 cup water to a boil in saucepan, stirring sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften for 1 minute.
4. Stir coffee, sugar syrup, and vanilla in metal bowl, then add gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved. Chill 8 hours.
5. To make the topping, force brown sugar through a sieve into a bowl, then add heavy cream and curry powder and beat with mixer until soft peaks form.
6. Divide your gelee into six cups and top with whipped cream.
7. Enjoy! Perfect for dinner parties.
Banana Coffee Muffins
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 bananas, smashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp strong coffee
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners
2. Mix butter and smashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Then mix in sugar, egg, coffee, and vanilla.
3. Sprinkle salt and baking soda over the mixture, then add flour and mix until well incorporated.
4. Fold in pecans.
5. Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on rack.
Molasses and Coffee Pork Chops
- 1 cup brewed coffee, strong
- 6 oz molasses
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 8 oz bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Combine coffee, molasses, mustard garlic, vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, thyme, ginger, and pork chops together in one zip lock bag. Seal well and shake to combine. Marinate in fridge for 2 hours.
2. Preheat your grill to medium to high heat. Remove your pork from the bag and pour the marinade into a saucepan over medium to high heat. Allow sauce to boil gently, stirring occasionally for 12-15 minutes.
3. Grill pork chops on each side for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature has reached 145. Let pork chops rest a few minutes, then top with glaze.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbss natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 14 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup hot strong coffee
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Coat baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
4. Place semi-sweet chocolate, butter, coffee, and liquor into a heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Heat mixture thoroughly until melted and mixed. Remove bowl from heat. Whisk in both sugars and add eggs and vanilla. Whisk until blended. Fold in flour mixture. Pour into baking dish.
5. Place white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted. Place in pastry bag and pipe thin lines over brownie batter.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes, while roating pan every 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 1 5-pound beef brisket, halved
- 2 tbss kosher salt
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 cups hot coffee
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Finely grated lemon zest