Even the term Mexican coffee has a sense of holiday, sunshine and fun about it. You'd imagine. With Colombia just down the road, that Mexican coffees would be of the strong, full-bodied variety. Well, you'd be wrong. Read on. Of the five million or so bags of coffee produced in Mexico, they … [Read More...] about The Lazy Aromas Of Mexican Coffee
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 1 oz bakers chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pour water into pan and bring to boil. Then stir in sugar, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. Then remove from heat.
2. Add chocolate into clove mixture and stir until melted.
3. Add ground coffee and let stand for 5 minutes. Then stir in vanilla.
4. Strain mixture through a cheesecloth into coffee mugs and garnish with whipped cream.